A singer still imprisoned as he can’t bail $1 million

An American singer/songwriter has been charged of aggravated criminal sexual abuse against four women, including three minors.

His attorney says the singer can’t give the $250,000 bail he wants to post, so he will spend a second night in prison in which he has been moved into a individual cell. His bond has been set at $1 million on Saturday.

“His spirits are good. He is expected to bond out tomorrow Monday. Right now he is being held in a medical facility area of the prison for safety reasons, he’s not sick or suicidal. It’s simpler for the sheriff and more secure that he’s maybe not in general people. He will take court around 9 am and must be released shortly afterwards”, his attorney said.

The judge set the bail at a hearing Saturday day at Leighton Criminal Courthouse in Chicago. Subsequent to the hearing, the police office attorney said prosecutors have DNA evidence in two of the instances.

The judge put the bond at $300,000 for each of those four victims inside the case. He had been told to have no experience of anybody 19 years of age or younger. He was made to surrender his passport. His next court date is Monday. The court judge called the case against him bothering.

His attorney said during the time that they we’re very satisfied with the bond which has been place, and he is presumed innocent.

The charges date back as far as 1999. Illinois has no statute of limitations on child abuse charges. Nine of the counts against him specify the victim was between 12 and 17. One count did not define just about any occasions.

Subsequently the police office attorney step by step the allegations after the bail hearing. Following arrest, the singer’s attorney spoke to the press Friday night, slamming the charges.

“I think all the women are all lying,” he explained. “Unfortunately the State’s Attorney has succumbed to public pressure, to pressure from grand-standers, and attracted these charges. The singer is strong. He’s got a lot of support, and he is likely to be vindicated on every one of the charges, one if it must be.”

The representative of victims in this situation, lashed from the statement of the singer’s attorney on Saturday in June.

“His client remains in his struggle for his life. He also wants to receive his mind out of the ass. He’s already in an insurmountable quantity of trouble,” said the representative of all those victims.

In 2009, the singer had been acquitted of child porn charges connected to a videotape of him allegedly having sex with a girl. It required six years by the time he had been charged with an offense to the ending of the trial. This took the jury less than a day to deliberate.

Allegations of the singer’s sexual abuse go back decades and also have prompted a recent nationwide demonstration to boycott his music, in the wake of alifetime documentary, featuring interviews with all the music artist alleged accusers.

 

Bookmark the permalink.

Comments are closed.