Nowadays, people are fond of decorating their homes with carpets for it makes their home feel warm particularly during cold seasons. What’s more, it adds color and design to our home and adds texture at the same time defines a space in a particular room.
However, having a carpet means you have to be extra careful to maintain its beauty and value. You have to do proper maintenance to make look presentable every day. Here are some ways of doing it. If you are too busy to clean the carpet on your own, you can contact http://www.drcarpetirvine.com/service/upholstery-cleaning/.
How to clean your carpet without damaging it?
- Make sure to prevent it from obtaining too much dirt. You have to remind people in your family or visitors to keep their shoes off the carpet, avoid spilling different kinds of liquid and scattering crumbs of various kind of food such as chips and more. You have to limit how much dirt it gets.
- Spot cleaning the safe way
- Blot. You have to remember never rub the spot for rubbing a stain pushes the spill into a pile and causes matting of fibers. A better way to do it is to cover the spills with a clean cloth or paper towels to blot it up. You have to do it repeatedly till the spill is fully absorbed. If the spill is large then a wet-dry vacuum would be better to use.
- Soapy water. You can create your homemade spot cleaning solution by mixing a ¼ teaspoon of dishwashing liquid to a quart of water.
- Rinse. You have to mist the area with clean water or blot with a wet a towel to remove colored spill and spot-cleaning solution. Followed by blotting with a dry towel. You only have to repeat these steps until no residue is left on the carpet.
Keep in mind that rubbing spills on your carpet will only make it worst. You have to tell these simple steps to other members of your family to prevent your carpet from being destroyed whenever you are not around. If you are too busy as an artist facing common problems of your career, you can always get a professional to do it for you.